If you’re photography does not meet these requirements we may ask you to send us additional photos and/or to reshoot the cake.
- JPEG – 300 DPI MINIMUM (highest resolution possible)
- Photography must be clear and crisp (no blurry photos or photos in dark lighting).
- Make sure there is at least a 2″ margin on the top/bottom/and sides of entire cake in the photo as it will be cropped to allow for bleed/trim
- DO NOT use a black background
- No Lit Candles as props
- Avoid heavy background shadows
- We cannot accept any cutouts or heavily altered photos
- Please send at least 10 photos of your cake using a neutral background/backdrop
- Include at least 2 straight on shots of the entire cake
- Include at least 4 other “macro” or very close photos of the details from various angles
- Include at least 4 images of various angles/sides of the cake
- If doing a cake/cookie/cupcake set, please photograph each item individually, and photograph all of the items together either layered, stacked, side-by-side, or on a pedestal, whatever food styling will photograph well.
- Last but not least.. be creative! Send as many photos as you can!
Here area a few examples of well composed photos we have published in the past: