Volume 4 Issue 1
ON THE COVER
- Ring in the New Year with a Fresh Start: Nature-Inspired cakes all with BUTTERCREAM
- Toba Garret - on teaching learning & her new book
- 5 bottom-line business basics
- Bratko’s BEST buttercream recipes
- Fool Proof buttercream tutorials
- Cover Cake by Veronica Arthur
IN THIS ISSUE
- Your Slice: Cake Failures
Out of all the cakes you have ever made, which was the worst?
- Spotlight: A Love of Learning
One cake-maker’s journey from student to teacher. By John Quai Hoi
- Diary of a Decorator: The Hobby of My Dreams
A quest for the perfect passion. By Carmela Sultana
- Feature: A Pastry Pioneer Toba Garrett
talks about discipline, passion and teaching in the cake world.
- Looking Back: Editors’ ChoiceWe picked three of our favorite cakes from 2012.
- Dear Cake Genius: Cream cheese frosting, gluten-free baking and more. By Jennifer Bratko
- Buttercream Frosting Perfection Tutorial
How to created a perfectly smooth cake using buttercream. By Rachael Teufel
- Palette Pretty Buttercream Icing Tutorial
Learn to make flowers using this buttercream and palette knife technique. By Christina Ong and Valeri Valeriano
- Science of Baking: Dreaming of Buttercream
Take a peek into the fascinating science that makes buttercream the way it is. By Summer Stone
- Web Browsing: Bird on a Cake
Find themed recipes and easy tutorials at this cute blog.
- Business of Baking: 5 No-Brainer Business TipsCreate the perfect online presence for your bakery.
- The Secret Behind Smooth ButtercreamEver wonder what exactly is high-ratio shortening?
- Inspiration Bites: Five Steps to Healthier BakingIdeas to make baking for yourself even better.
- Buttercream RecipesThee useful buttercream recipes to have in your repertoire. By Jennifer Bratko
- From the Recipe Box: Cake & CompanionshipThe sweet connection between food and familiarity. By Kristin Rosenau
- Burst into Bloom
Splashes of floral colors and greenery bring fresh looks to cakes
- Secret Garden
These cakes transport us to the gardens of our dreams.
Cake Makers Featured in This Issue
Cece’s Sweet Creations
Sahurita, AZ, US
Wendy Woo Cakes
Orlando, FL, US
Joshua John Russell
Atlanta, GA, US
Monson, MA, US
New York, NY, US
With Love & Confection
Easley, SC, US
Lewisville, TX, US
NARAjade Novelty Cakes
Melbourne, Victoria, AU
Schiedam, Zuid-Holland, NL
Dorset, Verwood, UK
Richmond Hill, Ontario, CA
Twisted Sugar Cakery
Perth, Ontario, Canada
John Quai Hoi
My Cake Delights
Preston, Victoria, AU